Thursday, 01 April 2010
Co-Founder and CEO Buy.at
Steve was one of the founders of buy.at and was both COO and CEO at the business, leaving shortly after the acquisition of the business by AOL for $125m.
During his tenure, the foundations for buy.at’s technical and commercial innovations were cast and executed upon. He then oversaw two financing rounds – a seed round and then investment from DFJ Esprit in 2006 – as well as the acquisition of Lightstate in 2007 and the final purchase of Buy.at by AOL in 2008.
Steve’s career started as a scientific researcher at an international facility in the UK following a PhD in Physics, followed by five years at KPMG from which he joined buy.at directly. He currently follows the technology start up scene and is interested as to where the sector’s next major innovations will develop.
Other recognitions for buy.at during Steven’s leadership include:
- Travolution award for best affiliate marketing campaign (LateRooms).
- TechTrack 100 lists buy.at in the top 10 fastest growing technology companies in the UK.
- NMA lists buy.at as the fastest growing affiliate network in the UK.
- Highly commended affiliate network in the A4U awards.
- Per Techtrack 100 in 2007 buy.at was the UK’s largest, fast-growing, profitable technology company.